Intel® vPro™ technology
Managing and protecting desktops and laptops and securing data are among the great challenges for modern businesses. The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family with the hardware-based security and manageability of Intel® vPro™ technology simplifies and accelerates these critical Infrastructure Technology (IT) functions.
IT can now take advantage of enhanced features to manage notebooks over a wired or corporate wireless network- or even outside the corporate firewall through a wired LAN connection.
Smart security and manageability on every chip
Embedded in hardware, Intel® vPro™ technology capabilities are accessed and administered separate from the hard drive, OS, and software applications – in a pre-boot environment. This makes management less susceptible to issues affecting these areas and allows remote access to the PC regardless of the system's power state or OS condition.
Key encryption components are kept in protected FLASH memory, separate from the data they protect, making it easier to secure and harder to penetrate and access sensitive information.
Protecting virtual environments against rootkit and other attacks, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) offers extra protection on PCs with Intel® vPro™ technology IT and built in Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT).
Including an industry-standard TPM 1.2 which can be used by third-party software to store keys and other protected data, Intel TXT enables the PC to boot software into a truest state and also helps protect the integrity of the virtual machine.
Reduce cost, improve security and ROI
Remote management capabilities make PC upkeep easier and more cost effective:
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Reduce the need for deskside maintenance visits by up to 56%
- Remotely see what your users see
- Hardware-assisted remote shutdown, wake-up
Security is now smarter than ever:
- Remotely isolate infected PCs
- Disable PCs at hardware level in the event of loss theft
- Remotely unlock encrypted drives
- Take advantage of hardware-assisted secure, virtual environments
Increase ROI and improve PC management:
- Intel® vPro™ technology deployed at businesses of all sizes with great Return On Investisment (ROI)
- A standardized, energy-efficient platform that can meet thedeveloping demands of the customer's business while significantly reducing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Active and passive power management capabilities that significantlyreduce energy costs
- IT Authorities can now save their customersmoney through lower energy usage, making a substantial positiveimpact on their ROI.
Manage the PC virtually anywhere, anytime
Intel® vPro™ technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, Intel® chipsets, and network adapters.
With security and management features built into the hardware, Intel® vPro™ technology:
- Accelerates data encryption/decryption using Intel® AES New Instructions, improving user productivity
- Significantly reduces unwanted access to sensitive data on missing laptops using Intel® Anti-Theft Technology
- Allows IT technicians to quickly deploy security patches across PCs, remotely unlock encrypted drives, and manage data security settings
- Gives IT help desk personnel complete control over a PC with features like KVM Remote Control4
- Enables IT to remotely troubleshoot and repair PCs
To know more about the Intel® vPro™ technology IT community: Intel® vPro™ Expert Center.