Intel® Xeon® processor
Intel® Xeon® Processor Family
The Intel Xeon processor family delivers versatile performance for a variety of needs, including Small Business Servers, Enterprise Infrastructure & Private Cloud, data demanding workloads such as in-memory databases and real-time business analytics, High Performance / Technical Computing and Workstations.
Intel® Xeon® Processor E3
No matter what the size of your business, the value of your data is enormous. Keep it accessible and better protected at all times with an affordable Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v3 product family-based server. Protect your customer, inventory, and financial records with a server that delivers the security features and reliability of an all-day, all-night workhorse. Implementing a powerful server is also a smart investment in growth. You’ll gain the power to adopt new business class applications and tools that can help you increase sales and improve margins. A server based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v3 product family lets you access your information faster and respond to customers sooner from any device on your network.
- Boost performance by up to 12% over a previous generation Intel Xeon processor-based server (1), or by 23% over a 2 generations old Intel Xeon Processor based-server (2)
- Accelerate encryption/decryption of sensitive data and files with Intel® Data Protection Technology (3)
- Avoid business interruptions with automatic data checking for errors, providing increased reliability for the storage of your business data (4)
For optimal performance per watt for specific lightweight scale-out workloads such as dedicated hosting, simple front-end web and basic content deliver, use high density server platforms based on the Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200v3 product family including the Intel Xeon Processor E3-1220Lv3 with a TDP of just 13W.
- Get up to 18% more performance per watt compared to previous generations of Intel Xeon processor based servers (6), and up to 66% more performance per watt compared to two-generations old Intel Xeon processor based servers (5)
- Automatically regulate power consumption with intelligent performance that adapts to your workload with Intel® Intelligent Power Technology, and increase energy efficiency and rack density by using server instrumentation provided by Intel® Node Manager.
Intel® Xeon Processor E5-2600v3
The Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600v3 is at the heart of your agile, efficient data center and meets your needs for compute, storage, and network workloads. Designed to deliver the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities and cost-effectiveness, it addresses technical computing challenges, enables secure cloud deployments, delivers intelligent storage and powers data analytics.
Compared to previous generations of Intel Xeon processor based servers, deliver up to 3X increase in general purpose performance (7) and 1.7X increase in virtual machine density (8). Compared to a typical 4-year old server, increase general purpose performance up to 8.7X (9), increase virtual machine density up to 3X (10), and drive up to a 3X increase in energy efficiency (11).
- Up to 18 cores and 36 threads per socket, with next generation DDR4 memory support providing up to 1.4X increase in memory bandwidth (12) compared to last generation platforms
- Get more computing power when you need it with performance that adapts to spikes in your workload with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 (13), and increase processing efficiency and overall performance for complex workloads with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology, that doubles the number of execution threads (14)
- Reduce virtualization performance penalties and address “noisy neighbour” issues with Intel Virtualization Technology and Cache Monitoring (15)
Improve your ability to safeguard your data and infrastructure with foundational, hardware-assisted security capabilities.
- Intel Platform Protection Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks that occur before the virtual machine boots, and enables trusted compute pools to establish visibility, control and compliance (3)
- Accelerate and strengthen encryption with Intel® Data Protection Technology with Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions – AES-NI), and a digital random number generator for greater quality encryption keys (3)
- Optimize the use and deployment of algorithm accelerators in security & networking applications with Intel® QuickAssist Technology
Intel Xeon Processor E7-8800/4800/2800v2
Make Business Intelligence your competitive advantage. The Intel Xeon Processor E7 family provides scalability for 2-socket, 4-socket, 8-socket platforms and beyond (16), and provides the performance, memory capacity and reliability necessary to deploy scale-up workloads, in-memory databases and other data-demanding, transaction-intensive applications.
- Up to 15 cores and 30 threads per socket deliver up to double the average performance of previous generations. Java (17) application performance is boosted by up to 2.7X7 (18), brokerage OLTP database performance by up to 1.7X (18), and sales & distribution ERP performance by up to 1.9X (19).
- Support memory intensive applications with a large memory footprint of up to 12TB in an 8-socket system, and increase performance up to 148X using in-memory solutions, compared to a previous generation Intel Xeon processor based server (20)
- Get up to 4X more I/O bandwidth and reduced latency compared to a previous generation Intel Xeon Processor based server, with PCI Express 3.0 and Intel Integrated I/O (21)
- Boost your virtualization performance by up to 2X compared to previous generation Intel® Xeon® Processor based servers (22)
- Enhance reliability and uptime for your most critical workloads, with Intel Run Sure Technology featuring Resilient System Technologies to diagnose and/or recover from previously fatal errors, and Resilient Memory Technologies to help ensure data integrity within the memory subsystem (23)
- Increase security confidence with Intel Platform Protection Technology, providing hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks that occur before virtual machine boot, and establishment of visibility, control and compliance by creating trusted compute pools (3)
Intel Xeon® Phi™ coprocessors
Power your breakthrough innovations with the highly parallel processing of the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor (24), (25). We’ve packed up to a teraFLOPS of double precision peak performance into every chip - the highest parallel performance per watt of any Intel® Xeon® processor.
Now you can think “reuse” rather than “recode” with x86 compatibility. Languages, tools, and applications run smoothly across the full spectrum of Intel® Xeon® family-based platforms. Plus, discover the flexibility of a coprocessor that can also host an OS. The Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor—illustrious performance per watt, built to perform brilliantly on your greatest challenges. The only thing more amazing than the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor is what your research will do with it
- Get up to 1TFLOPS of double precision peak performance (24)
- Get up to 2.5X greater performance over an Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family-based server on highly parallel applications (26)
- Enjoy up to 2.2X higher memory bandwidth than on an Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family-based server (27)
- Provide up to 10X better performance over an Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family-based server on certain financial services applications (28)
Learn more about Intel server performance, visit http://www.intel.com/performance
Learn more about other Intel Data Center products here